Growing up, I had one of the worst money mindsets you could imagine.
I grew up in a single parent household always scraping by. I remember digging for change in our couch hoping to find a few extra dollars. I was always afraid to ask for raises because I thought I would get fired just for asking. I would work job after job in retail, and hospitality making minimum wage.
Let me make this clear: I started earning more not because I was working harder, but because I improved my mindset and how I feel and think about money.
Making more money has very little to do with hard work, and actually has so much more to do with your energy.
How to improve your money mindset
Say YES to what you want for money
The first thing that helped me change my money mindset was giving myself permission to want more!
Think about it, as women we are programmed left, right, and centre to play small!
In TV shows, the woman who knows what she wants is labeled the b*txh.
The rich people are always seen as snobs.
And the sales people are always scuzzy.
When you watch a TV show the flash rate of your TV screen actually puts you into a state of hypnosis…. and from there, anything that you see on a screen hypnotizes and programs you to think a certain way (that’s why they call the show’s programs)
And so for the longest time, I held onto the belief that if I had money people would hate me, and so it was much easier to not ask for more.
But I got to a certain point in my life where I had enough. I thought about my retirement, I thought about my future family, and I thought about the trips I wanted to take and the experiences I wanted to have.
Making the decision to say ‘Yes, I want more and I demand more!’ was the first step on my path to creating financial abundance.
If you haven’t stopped to think about what you really want, do it right now. That’s the internal compass that will lead you to the guidance, and the path you’re meant to be on!
Learning the Laws of the Universe
Creating what you want is all about belief. But forever, I never believed I could have what I wanted!
I remember seeing public speakers saying “You can have anything you want!” And I would say “Psh, easy for you to say… you don’t know what I’ve been through and you don’t know where I’m stuck”
What I needed was PROOF
And learning the universal laws was the proof I needed.
There are laws in our universe: for example, the law of gravity.
We know if we pick something up and let it go… it’s going to land on the ground.
I learned that there were other laws that were JUST as promising and just as dependable, and they run everything around us- from how we integrate into the world, to relationships and especially money!
When I realized there were LAWS I could work with, it meant that if I worked with these laws my success would become inevitable.
I practiced working with these laws of the universe in everything I did and I saw so much good begin to come my way from every unexpected source you can imagine.
If you want to predict the future of your money and abundance, and trust it will come to you, start really learning, and implementing this work with the universal laws, and you’ll see that your success becomes inevitable.
The Law of Compensation
The law of compensation is one of the universal laws that’s ALWAYS working.
When I learned it, it was a major key to help skyrocket my business.
The law of compensation states that you will always be paid in direct proportion to:
- The need for what you do
- Your ability to do it
- The inability to replace you
By understanding that if I could increase these things, I could make the money I wanted and more, I started to apply it to my own life!
- The need for what I do- I’m a mindset coach, and I teach people about their subconscious mind and their energy. Everyone has a mind, but 99% of people have never been taught how to use their minds for them. This shows me that’s there’s a HUGE and growing need for what I do
- My ability to do it- when I first started out as a scared little entrepreneur I deeply desired success. I thought about ways to make my success inevitable and I decided to follow this quote “Be so good they can’t ignore me” Even though I started later, had zero experience and had to learn everything as I went, I became DETERMINED to be really good at what I do. I’m always reading books, buying courses, taking certifications, and implementing and embodying what I learn. I work every single day at being better, and how much money I make reflects that. The beautiful thing about personal development is that NO ONE can stop you!
- The inability to replace me- this aspect of the Law of Compensation is so encouraging. As long as we show up as ourselves, our FULL self, and as our best self, we can check this one off the list. NO ONE CAN REPLACE you! Stop following the rules, and have fun making it all your own. Make up your own rules for your life and what success means for you. You are already irreplaceable, keep owning it and showing up fully and that will become even more clear!
Get Clear On Your Money Story
One of the things that helped me by leaps and bounds for my money mindset was getting clear on my money story.
Your money story is what you tell yourself, over and over again about your ability to:
- Have money
- Save money
- Receive money
- Keep more than enough money
- And live in a state of abundance.
The story you tell yourself becomes your reality.
But here’s the thing…..
It’s JUST a story.
And when you change that story, you can change your entire life when it comes to money.
Your money story was passed down from programs from your parent’s reality around money, what you saw in your environment, in the media, and in school (and anything else that surrounded you as you grew up)
Here are some questions to help you discover your money story:
- How do I really feel about money?
- If money was a person, what would their relationship with me in my life be?
- What are my first memories about money (Fighting? Earning? It getting taken away?)
- When did I decide that the amount I earn is all that is possible for me?
- How do you judge money, or judge people who have it?
When I asked myself this question I determined so many limitations I was holding on myself around money.
I was telling myself a story that If I ask for money, or receive money, that people would hate me. I was telling myself a story that no one wanted to help me. I was telling myself a story that money was scarce and hard to come by.
And because this was my story, that was playing on repeat in my mind, it became my reality.
But the beautiful thing is, you have the power to change your story.
Let today be the day you change your Money Story.
Let’s rewrite your money story
How to Rewrite Your Money Story
A huge step in making more money was changing what I was constantly telling myself around money.
When I changed my story around money
Think about the following things:
- How much money would you LOVE to make – and DON’T limit yourself. The money dreams I used to think were OUTRAGEOUS are now my money reality!
- If you lived a perfect life when it comes to money, what would you believe about money?
- If there was MORE THAN ENOUGH money for everyone in the world, how would you then feel about money?
- What would you like to believe about money?
Take those lines you have written out, and turn them into your new affirmations. You can also hire a YES SUPPLY METHOD coach for a Single Coaching Session to have a hypnosis session to lock in new money beliefs that you want to have that will affirm the life you want to have: https://www.yessupply.co/single-session-shifts/
Keep repeating these new affirmations to yourself over and over again until they feel real. If there are ever times where contrary beliefs pop up, ask yourself “How are these beliefs making me feel safe inside my comfort zone?”
When you release these limitations around money, you’ll allow yourself into a whole new world that is outside of your comfort zone which might feel uncomfortable at first for you, as it did for me, but soon abundance will become your new reality!
I’d love to hear from you. What affirmations are you going to add to your new money story? Let me know in the comments!
Follow along on my Instagram, where I post daily tips on my mindset, and increasing abundance in your life: instagram.com/yessupply
If you’d like to work closely with me on rewriting your money story, then be sure to apply to my Exclusive, Money Mindset Mastermind: Manifest Money, For Good. Learn more here: www.yessupply.co/manifestmoneyforgood